Monday, August 30, 2010

Back to Black

Ah, so I had been trying to grow my natural hair color out (from the black I had been dying it.) Of course, having about 2-3 inches of light brownish with a tint of red hair on top and the rest black looked a bit odd. The funny thing? It was one of those temporary colors but it lasts forever on me, ha ha. So yeah, I had been trying to get to my natural color so I could start using a dark brown instead of a black, that way when my roots started to show it wouldn't be as obvious.

Yeah, that didn't last. I got tired of it, it looked so plain and not me. While black is not my natural color, I loved being raven-haired. People thought it was natural, it looked good on me, and  I like black hair. So yesterday after hanging out and playing some cards and strategy games with people, I went to CVS and bought some black dye. I thought about waiting until next weekend to color it but damn...I wanted it back NOW. I now have black hair once more. I feel so much more comfortable.

I also want to talk about an online community site called Meetup. When I was in the hospital not too long ago, one of the members of my treatment team mentioned the site. I wasn't really social and really didn't have any friends at the time, aside from internet friends anyway. I will admit, when she brought it up I thought it was going to be so sucky. I delayed joining for about a month and then I decided out of boredom to give the site a chance. As it turns out, it is a really cool site to join! You look for various groups in your area based on your interests, and the site will list various groups that match. I have joined several groups but I haven't been able to make it to meetup events for a lot of them. I have gone to events for 5 of the groups. Some have been more my style than others. Some people have been friendlier than others. All in all, I can definitely recommend the site to anyone, whether you have an active social life and wouldn't mind doing some new things and meeting new people, or if you don't have too much of a social life and feel kind of alone or isolated.

I went to a meetup yesterday and had a blast. There is one group that I really like and like some of the members and hope to become friends with them...which is in the works actually. So yay! I am getting out there, meeting people, and possibly making friends. It sure is a difference from my past isolative history.

You know you want to try it out now...I know you do. Do it! He he!

No comments:

Post a Comment