Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Death of a Co-Worker

I have lost various people over the last few years but mainly they have been family members. Today I found out that a co-worker in Memphis lost her battle with breast cancer this morning. Being here at work, I am thinking of the things she taught me, trained me on, joked with me about. We had some issues, we hit heads a few times, but I really and truly respected her and will miss her. She was so strong, her strength could be scary at times. She was full of life and laughter, always smiling.

I am thinking about signing up for a Race for the Cure kind of thing in her name. I would donate if I had the cash.

I feel badly that I didn't contact her after hearing about her illness. I did attempt to add her on Facebook but that was all. I will light a candle for her tonight.

Rest in peace Elizabeth Garrison. <3

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about your friend. That's very sad news. I'm glad there are a lot of things you can take with you that she taught you or shared with you. ::hugs:: I know there are no words.

    ReplyDelete