Saturday, January 2, 2010

iTunes Genius

I started with "Wishing Well" by The Airborne Toxic Event since it had been in my head all day yesterday.

iTunes Genius then picked the following:

1. The Limousines - "Very Busy People"
2. The Gaslight Anthem - "Old White Lincoln"
3. Wild Light - "California On My Mind"
4. Ra Ra Riot - "Can You Tell"
5. Death Cab For Cutie - Grapevine Fires
6. Band of Skulls - "I Know What I Am"
7. Cage the Elephant - "Back Against the Wall"
8. Spinnerette - "Baptized by Fire"
9. Tokyo Police Club - "Your English is Good"
10. Silversun Pickups - "Panic Switch"

Now, I am familiar with most of the songs, the only exceptions being Ra Ra Riot and The Gaslight Anthem. I am a fan of the other songs and bands so I would say Genius has done a pretty damn good job.

I don't love Genius though. I know of a friend who is struggling with a disorder and the songs Genius had picked were all pro as far as her disorder goes...not exactly helpful or user friendly. The song she had started with wasn't pro either, it was recovery-based. So I am still on the fence about the wonderfulness of Genius.

No comments:

Post a Comment